Friday, 17 October 2014

Alan Partridge: Alpha Papa 2 Poster Annotation



I began by taking a photo of one of my Media tutors. I then went onto Photoshop and edited the colour of the tutor's hair, shirt and jacket in order to match the kind of attire that you would normally see Alan Partridge wearing. To create this, I used the Magic Wand and Paint Brush tools.

I then went outside and took a photograph of the front of the College and I then used the Select tool to move my Alan Partridge-esque tutor to the background with the Media College front entrance on it.

I then painted the front door of the College the same colour as "Alan's" green jacket. I then used the Text tool to type the film title and tagline. I then used Drop Shadow tool to underline the title and tagline to make it stand it better. I then went onto My Documents and uploaded a genuine BBFC cefiticate 15 age rating that I had previously used.

I then went onto Learning Box and downloaded a genuine film poster blurb and I edited the details accordingly.  I also added a North Norfolk Digital sign that I obtained from the internet and put it onto the poster by expanding it over the the actual sign that was there before. I did this by clicking on Edit and then Transform.

I used the layers to hide the college sign and replace it with a 'closing down' sign with the Text tool; using a white background. I also coloured the nearby litter bin black and wrote a message that fitted in with the film's plot. I then created a shadow of my "Alan Partridge" tutor using the Rotation tool.

I transformed the bin into a donation tin. I altered the colour from green to black. I did this by selecting the object using the Polygonal Lasso tool and changed the Hue and Saturation levels. I created a shadow behind Alan Partridge to create the shadow, I used the Lasso tool and dragged the outline and changed it's Hue and Saturation.

I proceeded to create a quote from a fictional newspaper using the Text tool. I then gave a star rating of five and gave a commentator name and a name for my fictional newspaper. Finally, I created a note at the top of the poster of the two main characters: Alan Partridge and Lynn Benfield.

No comments:

Post a Comment