AN
INTERVIEW WITH ALAN PARTRIDGE
Chief
reporter for the Full Picture, Mark Tedmeister, caught up with radio and TV
icon Alan Partridge on the set of the new film, Alan Partridge: Alpha Papa 2.
This was what we found:
Tedmeister: So, Mr. Partridge, what
exactly inspired you to create this new film?
Partridge: Well, I was at home and I
was watching the trailer for the first film on YouTube and when I saw how many
views it had, I thought “Hey, why not create a sequel film to boost my views?”.
Tedmeister: I see. So, where did the
film plot come from.
Partridge: Well, my Geordie friend
Michael was telling about this contest that they once held in his army base,
where groups of them had to talk non-stop on radio and the one who kept talking
the longest won a prize. So I then decided to base my film around that, albeit
in a radio station.
Tedmeister: So, what do you think of
the new set?
Partridge: Personally, I liked it
back when there was no editing or cuts on these “interweb” applications, but I
guess we all have to adjust to fit the younger audience and “get down with the
kids”, so to speak. However, you also have to appeal to the older generation,
that’s where Dave Clifton comes in. But, on the whole, he set is very excellent. It’s the closest thing to an actual radio station I’ve ever seen in my life. I mean, it’s got…chairs and everything.
Tedmeister: So…Do you think that there
is some sort of hidden message in your film?
Partridge: H-How do you mean?
Tedmeister: Well, it just seems to me
that some comedy films have hidden messages. You know, like, “save the trees”
or “don’t litter. Recycle”.
Partridge: Or “brush your teeth
carefully before you go to bed”. Something like that?
Tedmeister: Erm…Y-Yes. So, anyway,
shall we get back to the question?
Partridge: I think in a certain way,
yes. Because my film says that society needs to preserve it’s radio stations
they are a vital asset to our daily lives.
Tedmeister: OK. S-So, how you feel
about the world already writing raving reviews about the film before it even
premiers next week in London?
Partridge: Well, obviously, me being
me, I don’t like to boast about myself. Albeit, in an interview with ITV News
at Ten, I did say I’m “the greatest thing to happen to the movie world since
popcorn”. But, you know, everyone already knows that. It’s just old news.
Tedmeister: Alright. So, what do you
think about the supporting actors?
Partridge: As for the cast, there’s Lynn Benfield,
my PA, Michael, the…Geordie, Sidekick Simon, my co-host, and Dave Clifton. All
great actors. Apart from Clifton. W-We just auditioned him because…no one else
turned up, basically.
Tedmeister: One last question, Mr.
Partridge. There are stories in the press that you-
Partridge: How many times? I been
through this numerous times. I was in the park and thought it would be funny to
get this cat to chase this RC mouse up a tree. Just as a laugh, you know. Unfortunately, the remote control malfunctioned. Took
the Fire & Rescue Service an hour to get that cat’s head out of the hole. It was perfectly fine,
though. After a court case and a fine of £100 to the owner as compensation. You
know what? This interview is over!
Mr. Partridge called security to escort Mr.
Tedmeister off of the premises and Mr. Partridge refused to speak with the Full
Picture again after that.
No comments:
Post a Comment