I created this DVD sleeve for my film by firstly going onto Photoshop and using the Ruler tool to measure the length and width of the spine of the DVD sleeve. I then uploaded the finished poster image and used it as the front of my DVD sleeve.
Then I created a brief synopsis of my plot of the film and created a transparent box around it to make it easier to read. In order to make my DVD sleeve look more like a genuine version, I shifted the poster blurb to the back of the sleeve and used the Eyedropper tool and coloured the tagline the same yellow as "Alan's" shirt to make it stand out more.
I then went onto the BBFC website and uploaded a 15 certificate age rating and I researched what categories a film needs to fall into to be classed as 15 before implementing it onto my sleeve. I then went onto the internet and obtained several white boxes and used them to deliver more detail. I also implemented a VPRC logo, Dolby Digital logo and a genuine movie barcode to make the sleeve more appealing.
I also created a fake movie company, 'Fame Propel', as the "producers" of my movie. I even went as far as to create Fame Propel's logo via gathering cartoon internet images and then merging them all together on a white box. I cloned the logo twice and placed them on the spine and the front.
As for the spine, I vertically altered the type position and typed the title in the very same font as the front title, only in black, as you normally find altered titles in DVD sleeve snipes.
Finally, I uploaded a DVD logo from the internet in black and I placed it onto the spine. I then cloned the logo and placed it onto the front. But because the logo was black, it was not visible due to the road. So I used the Paintbrush tool to paint it white.

No comments:
Post a Comment